Hits: 1672
Publish Date: 04 February 2017
July 1957: Born in in Ahvaz, he was the fourth child of a family of eight, with two older brothers and an older sister.

Tasu’a and Ashura, 1968: For the first time, he sang in a mourning ceremony for Imam Hussein in Ahvaz.

1973-1976: He joined Hussein Alamolhoda and his friends in their revolutionary activities against the Shah’s regime.

1977: He started his mandatory military service and went on a 6-month training course in Karaj. He was then transferred to Marivan to continue his service.

1977: He was captured and detained for a few hours in Marivan’s SAVAK base, on charges of having relations with the revolutionaries. As a result, he was exiled for two weeks to a remote village in Oramanat, Kurdistan.

Spring, 1978: Following Imam Khomeini’s Fatwa, he left the camp in Marivan. The Imam’s Fatwa ordered soldiers to leave the regime’s military bases. 

February, 1979: After the Revolution, he and some of his friends took charge of security and other activities in Ahvaz. By then, no one had been chosen to govern the city.

1979: When the "Parastoo Committee” was formed in Ahvaz, he became in charge of the armory.

1979: The Ahvaz Revolutionary Guards was formed to deal with the vandalism of the radical "Khalq-e-Arab” movement. He was in charge of human resources and recruitment.

1979: He tried his hand at theater with Hossein Panahi in Ahvaz for a short time.

1980: During the early years of war, he met "Habibullah Muallemi”, the poet who wrote most of his nohas. The first poem he wrote was: "Peace upon you!  O martyrs of Khuzestan”

Fall of 1980: With a group of southerners, he went to Jamaran to visit Imam Khomeini and sang a noha in front of him, which was broadcast on national TV and made him famous.

Muharram, 1980: The "Sarullah” group was formed with the help of Hussein Alamolhoda and his fellows and later the "Hey’at (Association) of the Combatants of Islam” originated from it.

1980: He went on pilgrimage to Mecca.

June, 1980: He got married in a simple ceremony at City Hall.

November, 1980: along with other warriors from Ahvaz, they fought for liberation of Susangerd for 3 days. Their resistance resulted in the liberation of the city.

July, 1981: His first son Mohammad-Ali was born.

December, 1981: He took part in a military operation for the last time. The commanders told him: "Everyone can fight, but not everyone can sing. You’re no longer allowed to participate in military operatios.”

May, 1982: He sang a noha on the night of Operation "Beit ol-Moqaddas”, which later resulted in the liberation of Khorramshahr. It became the opening theme for national news.

July, 1982: He underwent an operation due to nasal problems. He went under the knife two more times, once in Tehran and again in Germany.

1982: After Motevaselian (a great wartime commander) was kidnapped, he was invited by Lebanese resistance warriors to go there and hold a eulogy in his honor.

1983: The Revolutionary Guards, found the plans of his house with details in a raid on an MEK center. He had to move to another house.

February, 1983: "Khomeini’s nightingale is captured.” This rumor was spread by Baathists after Operation "Before Dawn” (aka Valfajr Moqadamati) to lower the morale of Iranian soldiers.

March, 1984: He sang a memorable song for Operation Kheibar "O army of the lord of the time, be prepared!”

February of 1986: He sang another memorable noha for Operation "Dawn 8” (aka Valfajr 8) named "One step away from Karbala”

August, 1987: He was in Mecca on pilgrimage when the Saudis killed Iranian pilgrims during the demonstration of the disavowal of disbelievers.

1989: He decided to travel to Lebanon and other Arab countries to perform his nohas. So he moved to Qom with his family to learn Arabic.

June of 1989: On the night of Imam Khomeini’s demise, he had gone to Mashhad to take part in a poetry ceremony.

* Comment: