The Prisoners and Ex-Prisoners Commission received sworn affidavits by Palestinian detainees, among them minors, providing evidence of harsh torture and mistreatment in Israeli detention.
14-year-old Yazen Abu Oudeh, held in the Israeli Ofer lock-up, said he was kidnapped by undercover forces on July 27, 2017, during the clashes that burst out near Beit El checkpoint, in Ramallah. An Israeli gunman hit him with the gun on his head. He was dragged to Benjamin settlement outpost shortly afterwards.
The child added that he had been made to endure heavy beating by the Israeli troopers on their way to Benjamin outpost via a military jeep, where he had been forced to lie on the ground. The Israelis stepped on his neck with their thigh-high leather footwear.
The minor also stated that he had been subjected to heavy beating during the investigation procedure so as to force confession.
16-year-old Mohamed Taha, kidnapped on July 21, 2017 during clashes in al-Khalil, also said he has been subjected to cruel treatment by the Israeli troopers.
Taha said he sustained severe head and arm injuries after the Israeli troopers heavily beat him up. He was later transferred to Hadassah Hospital for treatment but was returned to an Israeli investigation center the following day.
He added that he was still enduring severe pains all over his body as a result of the aggressive blows wrought by the troopers.
At the same time, Wadi’ al-Ghoul and Ezzedine Amarna, both aged 17, had gone through mistreatment all the way through the questioning phase at al-Jalama penitentiary. They were later transferred to the Israeli Megiddo lock-up.